Manager Retail CreativeApply NowApply Later Job ID 871375BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
The ideal candidate is:
- A designer who can bring forth creative design solutions grounded in storytelling sensitivity to the guest experience and passion for The Walt Disney Company's portfolio of brands.
- A designer who is eager to jump in and develop sketches, ideas, vision for retail environments.
- A retail lover who is passionate about innovation in the retail landscape excited about how technology and experiences are changing the retail landscape.
- Creative design and development across all branded retail design experiences spanning the entire portfolio of TWDC Franchises - Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas, Fox & Natgeo.
- Manage and mentor entry level designers.
- Design development on retail toolkits / Style Guides across the portfolio of brands.
- Prototype retail stores and shop-in-shops delivering on-trend retail design solutions.
- Manage the flow of work and appropriate graphics resources to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Manage and direct outside consultants.
- Travel - Domestic/International when deemed appropriate may be required.
- 5+ years’ experience in retail design, branded architecture and experiential design with a major retail company or top design agency.
- Proficient with CAD, Sketch UP, 3D rendering, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- 1+ Multi-disciplinary design experience
- Portfolio required – Include URL/link with resume
- Outstanding design vision with experience delivering innovative retail experiences..
- Hands-on, ability to convey design ideas and concepts quickly to leadership and business partners
- Knowledge of visual merchandising best practices, with proven experience in retail presentation.
- Technical proficiency required to standardize fixture package - fixture detailing - and new fixture development. Ability to effectively present and communicate creative ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people skills, diplomacy and collaborative spirit
- Multi-tasking capabilities, with an ability to project manage working on a variety of projects in parallel.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work in a constantly evolving environment.
- Graphic design, social media and marketing experience preferred.
Required EducationA bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Spatial Design or related field or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.