Manager, Scheduling (Hotstar)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 983663BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Support local teams in tracking a holistic view of sustainment schedules, ensuring the scheduling strategy is executed with accuracy, aligns with business rules and scheduling deadlines are met. Develop and prepare best-in-class, contextualized, cross-functional reports showing high level results and trends
- Manages the Lead Scheduler and Scheduling Coordinator’s daily validating efforts of international schedules and communication with local schedulers and cross functional teams.
- Trains and onboards new schedulers (domestic and international) and holds bi-weekly training sessions of scheduling tool and new/updated workflow implementation.
- Represent Disney+ Content Planning & Scheduling in meetings with a professional and enthusiastic attitude, handling any challenges with a solution-oriented mindset
- Support Sr. Manager, Scheduling with international launches and in shaping new processes within the Scheduling team to identify and improve efficiencies
- Leader with experience in content scheduling in digital media and entertainment, with SVOD experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a related field, with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience managing others
- Team management skills and experience; a leader who has developed a process for project prioritization and who has experience effectively communicating with other managers
- Proficiency with Excel, Keynote, Google Docs, and other relevant software tools; ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed
- Proficiency and direct experience with scheduling tools
- Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
- Proactive mindset that allows for self-sufficiency when it comes to finding solutions or learning new skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment
- SVOD experience
- Relevant experience in international territories
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.