Manager, Sensitive Information Protection, Content Security - DPEP-
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 689769BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 16/07/2019
- Content Security (a critical component of TWDC initiatives to protect Disney’s Intellectual Property throughout consumer products lifecycles, from inception to distribution supply chain).
- The implementation of Content Security & Sensitive Information Protection,that addresses the needs of the segments business (DPEP-CPC), in line with companywide initiatives.
- Ensure risks to Intellectual Property, and Studio Content are quantified in the segment, visible to appropriate stakeholders and appropriate measures put in place to address risk in accordance with the central Sensitive Information framework, both at division level, within DPEP-CPC and across all divisions of The Walt Disney Company
- Manage IP protection initiatives that support DPEP-CPC requirements pertaining to use guidelines/controls, for both internal and 3rd party stakeholders
- Help define and participate in the development of standard training material for both internal and 3rd party stakeholders to support related initiatives and to aid DPEP-CPC in maintaining a culture of IP protection throughout the enterprise, in collaboration with the DPEP-CPC SIP Core Services team
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to departments such as Global Loss Prevention, Information Security, Licensing and Legal on IP related initiatives
- Support DPEP-CPC departments in the necessary steps towards remediation of leak incidents
- Manage (and often conduct) DPEP-CPC related Sensitive Information Protection workflow assessments both internally and externally (e.g. third-party licensing partners)
- Ensure Sensitive Information Protection Policy Management, Workflow Assessments and Training/Awareness related programs support the needs of the DPEP-CPC segment and efficiently support and align to both internal DPEP and TWDC Sensitive Information Protection operations
- Support the generation, implementation and maintenance of training materials to ensure that Sensitive Information Protection stakeholders fully understand their responsibilities in relation to training and awareness of their teams
- Aggregate and help create weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting data to provide stakeholder updates key performance indicators and/or risks to ensure alignment and obtain support as necessary
- Collaborate with Legal and Finance partners to generate required SOWs & Purchase Orders, enable accurate financial reporting and ensure that budget related anomalies are detected and reported appropriately
- Utilize change management skills to ensure successful project implementation and adoption
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with program stakeholders and key operational contacts.
- Implement and maintain a centralized work plan for all operational activities and projects, and provide an appropriate avenue (status meetings, one on one’s, written updates, etc.) to gather and collate status updates from team members
- Manage relationships with third party vendors, as necessary, in order to support relevant projects;
- Oversee vendor facility audits and collaborate with enterprise and segment support partners to make this global programs’ assessments consistent and effective according to IP Protection policies and standards
- Collaborate with IT Security to aid related global Application Security Programs’ projects (i.e. Software Development) consistent and effective according to IP Protection policies and standards
- Expertise in strategy development and presentation to management
- 2+ years of experience successfully managing technical projects from inception through completion, leveraging a variety of project management skills and methodologies
- 2+ years of experience analyzing/documenting requirements, and transforming requirements into a final deliverable
- 2+ years of experience successfully aggregating complex, diverse and sometimes contradictory elements into a comprehensive strategy
- Understanding of the following:
- Digital transfer tools
- Cloud computing and storage
- Storage solutions
- Media & Entertainment security best practice
- Experience evaluating physical security protocols at facilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of the organization (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and project management skills with track record of delivering projects in scope, on time, and on budget
- Pro-active attitude to anticipate business needs
- Excellent orientation to both the details and the bigger picture
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to schedule work effectively, autonomously, under time constraints, handling multiple tasks
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to work in a fast-evolving, highly distributed matrixed, international environment
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and trends
- Willingness to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
- Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Media and Entertainment IT systems, including production and post-productions environments
- Knowledge of Consumer Products IT systems, including CAD, transfer tools.
- Knowledge of consumer products industry, services and workflows
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Engineering, or a related field required
- Licensing and/or retail operations industry experience is a plus
- Media & Entertainment, Information Protection, Content Security, themed entertainment industry experience a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.