Manager, Social MediaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712892BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
Are you wired for curiosity, adaptability, and creativity?
Are you guided by a combo of data analysis plus instinct honed by years of experience?
Do you believe social media can amplify our storytelling power AND drive commercial results?
If the answer to all three above is a resounding yes, then please read on!
As the lead of our small but mighty social media team, you’ll create integrated social media strategies, campaigns, and promotions. You’ll target audiences and oversee the creation of engaging content. You’ll help build out our reporting capabilities, identify expansion opportunities, and drive growth (both investment and revenue) as you lead the team tasked with adding magic to our social media experiences that ultimately fuels commercial growth.
- Develop and execute a strong vision for social commerce, engaging guests at all touchpoints throughout their guest journey, leaning into commercial aspects of social media that will ultimately drive sales.
- Oversee and lead the team responsible for maintaining and growing our social media presence across different platforms, including (but not limited to) campaigns, projects, content, promotions, our social media calendar.
- Identify, recommend, and implement software to streamline our social media operation.
- Oversee strategy and plan for live social content captured at events and develop thoughtful shot lists for social content needed.
- Develop strong working relationships with your social peers across other TWDC businesses, helping evolve our overall footprint and finding ways to collaborate. Implement an experimentation framework and develop data-driven insights to optimize content delivery that drives engagement across all accounts.
- Build and manage a team and culture that is constantly monitoring trends, testing new channels and ideas, and helping key stakeholders understand what is working and why.
- Manage multi-million dollar social media budget, lead the team, and recommend/implement, tools and processes to drive efficiency.
- Analyze performance data and iterate to achieve optimal performance. Partner with the data and analytics team to continually evolve our understanding of what algorithm factors are driving the most impact.
- Collaborate with owners of other channels (paid media, email, site, etc) to ensure alignment and consistency across the consumer journey.
- Oversee optimization efforts, from social ad copy to landing page experiences.
- Passion for The Walt Disney Company and its world-renowned franchises (Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, etc) is an absolute must.
- 5+ years leading social/digital marketing, with proven examples of strategies and campaigns developed for familiar brands.
- Demonstrated channel growth track record (particularly related to social commerce)
- Experience running optimization testing across different platforms.
- Optimistic with a tireless entrepreneurial mindset.
- Comfortable taking the reins amidst varying levels of uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Knows how to solve/adapt to business challenges using social media strategy / tactics
- Hands-on background in both paid AND organic social media management (with growth stories for each)
- Relies on performance data to course-correct, challenge theories and/or traditional thinking, optimize, and learn.
- Able to take seemingly unrelated data and ideas and create a focused plan of action.
- Strong ability to develop creative, clear, and engaging copy with an eye and instinct on what works on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter. You can clearly articulate what posts belong on what channel and why.
- Interest in educating others (from team members to peers to executives) on the power of social and how social developments can translate into unique business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business or Marketing preferred.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.