Manager, StrategyApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10007716 Location Glendale, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jul. 29, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Global Content Operations team is accountable for the end-to-end workstreams of Originals, Library and Marketing assets, ensuring the proper delivery and integrity from the creators’ hand-off to the ingestion and validation on Disney+, creating efficiency and seamless workflows across the entire content supply chain.
The Strategy team within GCO is responsible for setting the framework for execution, project management, setting KPIs and reporting on supply chain activity, as well as process improvement across the supply chain.
We are seeking a Manager, Strategy who will be part of Disney Streaming’s Global Content Operations team, reporting to the Director of Strategy. You will be responsible for managing a team of project managers and driving the operational strategy for regional needs for Disney+, Star+ and Disney+ Hotstar across EMEA, LATAM and APAC inclusive of continued global expansion across these platforms. You and your team will handle lifecycle planning, project management, risk mitigation and reporting throughout for your initiatives to scale the content supply chain. The role will require strong collaboration and leadership with multiple teams across the company as well as executive stakeholder communication.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in strategic leadership, go-to-market project management and execution, and in making sense out of chaos. They will be able to see from a 10,000-foot view what optimization opportunities exist in the pipeline then formulate and lead a cohesive plan to solve for them. Consistent workflows will be established across regions while solving for regional nuances. They will be able to make the right connections with people in order to solve complex problems, and corral several cross-functional teams responsible for both workflow and systems to map out and implement a plan. They will not be afraid to innovate new paths, influence to get buy-in from partner teams, or escalate when needed.
In success, the projects and content workstreams you and your team oversee will be executed smoothly, but you will be agile enough to plan for and pivot when surprises or roadblocks arise. You will drive clarity for all teams involved and have gained their respect through partnership. You not only will come up with short-term plans, but a long-term roadmap to ensure the supply chain is more efficient and cost effective. You will be able to motivate a team to drive impact to the business and stay in a strategic lane. You are a clear communicator, both written and verbal, and can command a room. You seek simplicity and always have the consumer in mind when creating solutions.
- Manage team members, provide priorities/assignments, feedback and mentorship
- Establish new workflows and SLAs to support business-critical priorities
- Create project plans (and be accountable for those plans your team creates) for various content workstreams and projects
- Direct various teams (Global Content Operations, Global Programming, Studio Operations, Media Delivery, Marketing, Product, and Local Programming/Ops/Business) on roles and responsibilities, workflow, timelines and requirements per project, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables. Remove roadblocks for interdependent teams.
- Direct team members to assess, communicate and mitigate risk, creating contingency plans as necessary. Manage through issue resolution.
- Communicate both detailed and high-level progress to stakeholders at large including executives
- 7+ years project management or consulting experience in direct-to-consumer organizations having incepted new projects and workflows
- 3+ years’ experience directing other team members
- Familiarity with media asset types and production and content distribution lifecycles
- Strategic vision to map out long-term paths and create plans for successful execution
- Effective leadership ability to direct and motivate a team resulting in high-value impact
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to executive and wide audiences on overall content supply chain health and status
- Able to articulate complex situations in simple terms and clearly identify next steps
- Global mindset, nuanced ability to communicate across cultures
- Savvy with data analysis and presentation
- Comfortable using various data management systems and project management tools (CMS, Excel, Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, Airtable, Lucidchart, Domo) as well as advise on tech solutions
- Proven ability to build relationships and manage through influence in complex organizational structures
- Experience working with business, product, operational and technical teams
- 10+ years’ relevant experience
- Project management certification
- Experience with international expansion and digital platform launches
- Streaming service experience
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.