Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Talent StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 563636BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Jun. 08, 2018
Job Summary:The Manager, Talent Strategy reports to the Director, Talent Strategy and Influencer Marketing. He/she will lead talent strategy and integration of the Disney Digital Network’s portfolio of influencers and creators across the TWDC and its franchise priorities. This leader will be tasked with bridging the gap and providing additive value between Disney’s world class brands and franchises with our roster of creators in the areas of gaming, lifestyle, family, and pop culture. He/she will manage and directly advise a team of talent strategists tasked with building business and relationship opportunities within the Disney Digital Network and across TWDC.
- Drive influencer marketing strategy for Disney Digital Network and TWDC
- Create and deliver compelling influencer marketing campaigns that drive advertisingrevenue growth.
- Develop creator focused programs across all verticals that fit within the DisneyDigital Network and the broader TWDC businesses priorities.
- Diversify talent revenue streams by identifying opportunities and developinggo-to-market plans to expand into products, publishing, gaming, and more.
- Oversee special projects to enhance revenue and/or audience and to buildDisney Digital Media's expertise in the short-form content space.
- Provide creative development and content format advice in concert with the Salesand Production teams.
- Communicate and evangelize creator network capabilities to internal and externalstakeholders at all levels.
- Support cross-functional teams in scenario-planning for revenue growth and optimization strategies.
- Structure, lead and filter market research projects to enable ROI measurement, with the support of Talent Operations and 3rd party tools.
- Perform research, modeling and analysis to develop analytical documents for presentation to executives to inform decisions.
- Communicate team responsibilities effectively in a dynamic environment, maintaining cross-functional work operations in response to audience, creator, and internal feedback.
- Experience developing and executing native advertising programs in partnership with sales team and clients
- Success in building high-performance teams, motivating and fostering a collaborative, results-driven cross-disciplinary organization
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience in digital media, talent/artist relations, public relations and/or marketing
- Experience with and knowledge of short-form video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Musical.ly, and Snapchat
- Familiarity with back-end publishing and platform and analytics tools (i.e. FB insights, YouTube Analytics)·
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, Adobe Creative Cloud, G Suite, etc.
- Advanced presentation development (expected to develop presentation drafts autonomously)
- Experience in developing financial models, forecasts and operating plans
- Demonstrated ability to juggle scope and resources to meet deadlines consistently
- 7-10 years of experience in the digital media space required
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.