Manager, Technology - Information Advantage
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 709993BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 08/10/2019
Walt was onto something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. Walt Disney Attraction Technology is an electrifying place to utilize your skills, experience, and leadership abilities. This is the place where you get to create “Surprise and Delight” experiences for our guests as well take our operational efficiency to its unrealized potential by using data and cutting-edge tools. As he Manager of the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning team in the Information Advantage organization you will lead a technology team to deliver machine learning capabilities across various Lines of Business within Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
Responsibilities:You will be at the forefront of driving Data, Cloud, and Machine Learning initiatives through multiple milestones and will be:
- Managing a diverse and geographically distributed team of talented engineers.
- Managing executive and business stakeholder expectations while coordinating, communicating and integrating project progress into greater program goals.
- Partnering with technology, research and business teams to identify and remediate challenging business problems using advanced analytic approaches.
- Partner with contributing teams to build resource plans for project efforts, facilitate meetings and deliver routine progress for milestones and deliverables.
- Collaborating with platform architects, systems engineers and lead analysts on designing services and resources for the Machine Learning Portfolio.
- Driving technical decisions to ensure optimal architectural solutions and delivery of capabilities and managing project work of employees across various companies to deliver project scope.
- Resolving issues with delivery roadblocks efficiently to minimize impact to project budget and timelines.
- Working with engineering and business stakeholders on ensuring a clear plan and costs for on-going sustainment.
Basic Qualifications:To be successful you will need:
- 5+ year’s technology leadership experience in a data/analytics team.
- Solid experience as a leader and a coach, with ability to build and organize teams.
- Experience with Cloud technologies: AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure.
- Proficiency in SQL, R, Python, Java and Web Services, and experience in visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Looker and Microstrategy or similar.
- Solid understanding of open source data management components and services including Hadoop, Nifi, Spark, Flume, Kafka and Hive.
- Success in delivering complex Machine Learning projects on-budget and on-time.
- Solid understanding of AI/ML services: TensorFlow, Keras, Rekognition and/or PyTorch.
- Innovation mindset and driving cultural change with the creative use of data and technology,
- Proven track record of engineering mentorship through new and familiar technologies and approaches, and provide a career path to individuals into a variety of roles and levels.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and partner with business and technology teams to define technical roadmaps and decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for learning new technologies and comfort with “fail-fast” mentality, and sharing that passion with your team.
- Ability to guide teams through time of ambiguity and conflict
- Experience running projects in Agile mode: Scrum, Kaizen and Kanban
- Experience with Big Data and open source ecosystems: HortonWorks, Nifi, Spark, Flume, Kafka and Hive
- Understanding of WDP&R’s technical infrastructure and server environments
- Innovation mindset, driving cultural change with the creative use of data and technology
Required EducationB.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.