Glendale, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 913341BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
Job Summary:Job Description
- Manage mobile development teams to deliver monthly launches on a regular cadence.
- Understand multiple projects and sustainment efforts.
- Coordinate with partners on timelines and scope to ensure deliverables for all work streams are met.
- Manage and participate in the software development lifecycle, including the planning, development, testing, release, and live ops stages.
- Partner with Play Disney Parks QA ensuring delivery of quality release candidates, timely bug fixes and collaboration in defect prioritization.
- Provide a mentoring environment for engineers with peer reviews, career guidance, and performance management. Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time.
- Collaborate and manage tech estimates of work and staffing levels.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Deliver an outstanding experience for our Guests
- 8+ years of full software development lifecycle experience.
- Deep understanding and proficiency in building Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Strong knowledge of mobile design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Passionate about technology, including the unglamorous resiliency, performance, and sustainment aspects.
- Understanding of Git version control, CICD, QA, Mobile app store review processes.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables.
- Experience using Google's Firebase or Firestore.
- Experience with C#/Unity.
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms.
- Full-stack development experience.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.