Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing Analytics and Optimization Internship, Fall 2020 – GlendaleApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738237BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 19, 2020
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (WDPR). CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
As a member of the Advanced Analytics and Optimization team you will play an important role in developing innovative analytics solutions to deliver systematic evaluation of marketing program performance across all media channels. You will use data to help answer “what” and “why” performance questions and consult across the Parks and Resorts organization to help drive decision-making to improve our marketing communications with our guests.
Responsibilities:Within Advanced Analytics & Optimization, this role will support cast members who analyze digital marketing performance based on advanced methods for reporting across marketing channels. You will assist this team with finding innovative solutions to business questions by analyzing marketing performance across traditionally disparate platforms and areas, providing insights about our guests and target audiences, and translating advanced analytical findings into tangible recommendations for media teams.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Experience with marketing key performance indicators and performance reporting
- The ability to translate and story-tell with data
- Experience with digital marketing channels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical audience effectively
- Demonstrated experience with developing and interpreting analytics program results
- Ability to quickly adapt to new software applications and platforms
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Experience with a digital marketing analytics platform like Google Analytics, and/or with an analytics software package such as SAS, SPSS, and/or programming languages such as SQL, R, or Python
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience serving media through digital marketing channels
- Experience with travel industry, marketing audience analytics, and/or consumer data
- Demonstrated data quality validation skills
- Understanding of marketing attribution methods
- Understanding of relational database structure and concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines and Disneyland products and services
- Earning or have recently earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Economics, Marketing or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 through January 2021. Must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.