Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing Analytics and Optimization Internship, Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 869588BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Finance organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (WDPR). CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
As a member of the Advanced Analytics and Optimization team you will play an important role in developing innovative analytic solutions to deliver systematic evaluation of marketing program performance across all media channels. You will help facilitate marketing attribution modeling and application, organize and improve data flow processes, and enhance our reporting with statistical rigor to deliver optimization opportunities to the Disney Parks and Resorts business.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life...
Within Advanced Analytics & Optimization, you will support cast members who analyze digital marketing performance based on advanced methods for reporting across marketing channels. You will assist this team with model validation, database management, and data processing improvement. You may also be challenged to find innovative solutions to business questions by analyzing marketing performance across traditionally disparate platforms and areas, providing insights about our guests and target audiences, and translating advanced analytical findings into tangible recommendations for media teams.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Knowledge of relational database structures and concepts and exposure to querying from these databases in SQL
- Experience with programming in analytic software such as R and/or Python
- Appreciation of the importance, and the skill to perform, proper data quality validation
- Passion for innovation and problem-solving, as well as a continuous drive to improve processes
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software applications and platforms
- Understanding of statistical concepts, such as linear and logistic regression, experimental design and testing, time series forecasting, and clustering techniques
- Demonstrated experience with developing, integrating, and interpreting analytic program results
- The ability to translate and story-tell with data
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical audiences effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience with the Snowflake platform
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with marketing key performance indicators and performance reporting
- Experience with a digital marketing analytics platform like Google Analytics
- Experience with travel industry, marketing audience analytics, and/or consumer data
- Understanding of marketing attribution methods
- Experience with digital marketing channels
- Demonstrated knowledge of Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines and Disneyland products and services
- A senior or recent graduate, earning or have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Economics, Marketing or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Earning or have recently earned a Master’s Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Economics, Marketing or other related quantitative field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.