Marketing Manager - Walt Disney GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 927419BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 04, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Walt Disney Company’s games business is one of the world’s largest licensors of games across platforms. Our games teams work closely with external development studios to create original stories through high-quality games inspired by the worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Studios.
The Walt Disney Games Marketing team partners with licensees to deliver world-class campaigns, helping each licensee successfully create/execute go-to-market plans that build brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive conversions through thoughtful brand storytelling, data-driven insights, and creative innovation – all grounded in a consumer-centric integrated marketing approach.
You will report to Sr. Manager, Marketing.
- Own a portfolio of titles within the global Disney Games business unit and ensure the successful launch and live operations of these titles in partnership with licensees
- Act as the day-to-day lead with licensees in reviewing marketing materials, providing insightful guidance/feedback, and managing/approving go-to-market plans, creative assets, and marketing activations
- Partner closely with internal cross-functional teams (Production, PR, Franchise, Legal and more) to leverage their expertise throughout all stages of product development and ensure success
- Be a strong brand steward for TWDC brands, especially in providing insights & support to licensees and managing executions to ensure flawless marketing and creative implementations
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights with licensees to identify market opportunities that inform and help shape player personas/target audiences, positioning, go-to-market plans, creative development, and campaign activations
- Familiarity with project management tools and platforms (eg JIRA, Box, Monday)
- Highly organized, detail-oriented project manager; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proficiency in KeyNote/PowerPoint; the ability to creatively tell a story in a compelling way
- Working knowledge of 3rd party tools used to source app market data and competitive insights
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry with a focus on interactive and gaming
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, combined with 2+ years of working in Online/Media Entertainment (preferably within the gaming industry)
- Goal-oriented strategic/creative thinker with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated success in brand management, product marketing, user acquisition, and social/community marketing strategies/campaigns
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to translate qualitative/quantitative data into actionable insights that tell a story
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence and “sell” strategies to a wide audience set
- Resourceful problem-solver with a can-do attitude; works well under pressure
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred.
Additional Information:Location for this position is Glendale, CA
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.