Marketing ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 772783BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 10, 2021
The Marketing Manager owns a portfolio of games within the Games & Interactive Experiences business and helps each licensee create/execute marketing plans that build awareness, engage consumers, and drive conversions through data-driven insights, creative innovation, and thoughtful brand storytelling – all grounded in a consumer-centric integrated marketing approach.
The Marketing Manager plays an important role within the global Disney Games & Interactive Experiences business with responsibility/oversight for key games and is a strategic product marketer with a critical eye for branding, and the ability to blend qualitative and quantitative aspects of marketing to craft a compelling story.
- Manage marketing for a portfolio of games within Disney’s Games & Interactive Experiences global business and ensure the successful launch and live operations of these products in collaboration with licensees
- Be the lead with licensees in reviewing all marketing materials, providing guidance on strategic planning, delivering insightful guidance/feedback, sharing key information, and managing/approving marketing plans, creative assets, and marketing activations
- Provide category expertise with licensees and guide them across all facets of, product marketing, user acquisition, brand management, and social/community activities to improve products and campaigns (inclusive of market research, consumer insights, product positioning, messaging, creative, promotions)
- Provide brand guidance/feedback to licensees to deliver on marketing activations and creative executions that are both innovative and differentiated, while remaining authentic to the product brand and audience
- Cultivate strong relationships and effective communication across a wide variety of partners and stakeholders
- Use consumer insights to identify market opportunities that help inform product decisions and shape foundational elements of licensees’ go-to-market plans
- Analyze performance of marketing campaigns and KPI with licensees to identify areas of optimization and make actionable recommendations
- Partner with our teams (Production, PR, Franchise, Legal and more) throughout all stages of product development to ensure a successful launch and sustained live operations
- Create and deliver on performance-driven Disney Marketing campaigns that extend reach, increase awareness, and result in meaningful brand deposits
- Garner impactful support for licensees’ plans across multiple TWDC partners
- Create and present marketing updates, pitch decks, presentation materials, internal plans, and post-mortems to Executives and broader Games and Franchise Teams
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing, combined with 2+ years of working in Online/Media Entertainment (preferably within the gaming industry – on both mobile and console games)
- Passion for the entertainment industry with a focus on games
- Experience in product marketing, user acquisition, brand management, and social/community marketing strategies and campaigns
- Experience in translating qualitative/quantitative data into insights that tell a story
- Working knowledge of 3rd party tools used to source market data and competitive insights
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Additional Information:This is a position on the Games & Interactive Experiences team within the Consumer Products, Games and Publishing division. The GIE team works with world-class developers and publishers across the industry to create outstanding games and interactive experiences, across mobile and console platforms, for fans of all ages.
Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s brands and franchises—including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more—into the daily lives of families and fans around the world through products and experiences across more than 100 retail categories from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, video games, and more. A division of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment, CPGP’s global operations include: the world’s largest licensing business, one of the biggest children’s publishing brands, a leading licensor of interactive games across platforms, Disney store locations globally, and the shopDisney e-commerce platform. Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.