Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
MBA Intern- Financial Planning & Analysis, DCPI- Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 514035BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 12/19/2017
The Disney Professional Internships program offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) in a seasonal, paid assignment with meaningful and productive projects that allow you to build your resume. You will be provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This position will start in June and last through September.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Division Finance team responsible for supporting the Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) segment. As a member of the Division Finance team you will work with all of DCPI’s segments (Merchandise Licensing, Publishing, Disney Store, Games and Digital Media) from a finance and strategy perspective as we craft our FY19 budget (Annual Operating Plan or “AOP”).
The Division Finance team is a fast-paced, dynamic team working directly for the segment CFO. Responsibilities include segment-wide operating and capital planning, quarterly and annual earnings forecasting, monitoring of segment/business unit operating performance, franchise planning and various special projects. The group is also charged with developing presentations to inform segment Senior Management, Corporate FP&A and Investor Relations regarding the segment’s forecasted financial performance, business trends and capital investment.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include supporting the following key functions as we prepare our FY19 Annual Operating Plan:
- Analysis and review of our budget and forecast submissions from each line of business with a focus on uncovering key business drivers and themes
- Assist with creation of the Annual Operating Plan presentation given by DCPI Senior Management to top executives at the Walt Disney Company
- Consolidation and analysis of segment Capital Planning budget and creation of corresponding presentation to Senior Management
- Creation of ad-hoc analysis for DCPI CFO and Executive team
- Extensive experience in Excel and PowerPoint required
- High attention to detail and quality control, with experience creating “Executive Level” deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with teams, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to distill complicated data into concise visual presentation pages
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting
- Dynamic individual who excels in a team environment, is flexible and is focused on process improvements and finding efficiencies
Required EducationEnrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing an MBA
Preferred EducationFirst Year student at a top tier MBA with 4-5 years of work experience prior to business school, and a Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical discipline from a top undergraduate university
Company OverviewFrom toys, apps and apparel to books and games, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media brings our company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences, inspiring the imaginations of the young and young at heart.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization