Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Mobile Developer Internship - Glendale, Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 615765BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDAT seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
Be a part of a transformative team and culture participating on Agile Development Studio working to provide enhanced functionality for various project efforts.
Our Technology organization seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
Responsibilities:With the Walt Disney Attractions Technology group, this intern will be expected to:
- Participate in Agile Development Studio.
- Work on Parks & Resorts mobile applications to provide enhanced functionality
Understand CI/CD model of build and deployment.
- Work on various defect fixes / enhancements to improve overall productivity.
- Work with an Agile team to deliver product iteratively
- Attend stand up, planning, sizing, and retrospective sessions
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and a strong desire to be challenged technically
- Understanding of Agile development practices
- Debugging skills and a passion for building high performance software
- Experience in Java
- Exeperience/Knowledge in Kotlin
- Experience/Knowledge of Swift, Objective-C, Xcode and Apple Frameworks
- Experience in machine learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), recommendation systems, artificial intelligence, or computer vision
- Experience in mobile development in iOS and/or Android
- Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May 2019 - August 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: Interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of an internship
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.