Music Production SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 808931BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 12, 2021
Responsibilities:The Music Production Specialist works with the Walt Disney Imagineering Music Studio team to help produce the timeless music for all guest-facing experiences in our Parks, Resorts, Cruise Ships, and Attractions worldwide. This position works closely with and takes direction from the Music Executive Creative Director and the Music Producers. General responsibilities include:
- Perform day-to-day tasks for Music Score and Song Production for multiple projects in support of the WDI Music Producers
- Assist in producing timeless music for WDI experiences including possible Disney Live Entertainment projects that touch worldwide audiences
- Arrange, organize, and manage Production Recordings (inclusive of comp and lead sheets, staff tracking, room logistics, etc.)
- Partner and facilitate with the Walt Disney Music and Legal group for music clearance requests and contract payments
- Track invoices, payments, and milestones in relation to project budgets with the Accounts Payable team and the various vendors engaged
- Minimum 2 years relevant music industry experience.
- Proficiency with Pro-Tools, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Calendar and Google Docs.
- Understanding of music production, comp and lead sheets, clearances, and budgets is required
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Confidentiality and discretion are a must
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, change course of action quickly & maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision. Proactive and resourceful.
- Experience working with unions (SAG/AFM) is a plus
- BA or BS preferred in music or a related field
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.