Network Engineer - Palo Alto Firewalls
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 684398BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Business Media Networks Date posted 28/06/2019
This role will give you ownership for the overall health and security of our TV stations so if you’re looking for an opportunity to have a high impact and manage a large network environment, this is the place for you! You will wear many hats and perform a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure our network infrastructure performance meets company and user satisfaction in an acceptable time frame. We have offices in Glendale, Chicago, Philadelphia, North Carolina, and New York City and are open to hiring in any one of these locations.
- Work with corporate network engineering teams to ensure proper implementation and compliance of company network standards and architecture.
- Test, and implement firewall rules across the Owned Station network environment.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, system patches and upgrades, and routine hardware configuration.
- Work with local stations to identify, diagnose and resolve network problems as they arise.
- Develop documentation and maintains processes and procedures related to design, implementation and maintenance of networks.
- Monitor network performance utilizing tools such as Solar Winds, Net MRI.
- Available on-call 24x7 for any network emergencies.
- 3+ years working in Internet related fields, and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP.
- Cisco NX-OS, IOS-XR, and IOS-XE expertise.
- Expertise with Cisco QOS configuration including troubleshooting existing systems and designing new systems that utilize QOS.
- Expertise with diagnosing issues with WAN technology including Point to Point and MPLS carrier circuits and Logical Overlay Networks.
- Expertise with diagnosing Layer 2 issues with internal and carrier circuits.
- Expertise with diagnosing issues with routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
- Expertise with configuration and troubleshooting of Palo Alto Firewalls including migrating policies from port based to app based rules and changing firewalls from default allow to Zero Trust model.
- Expertise with diagnosing issues with new and existing configuration during troubleshooting scenarios of Cisco routers and switches.
- Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity.
- Setup and maintenance of network log management systems.
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation of network documentation and diagramming.
- Familiarity with Multicast configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Excellent customer presentation skills.
- Current CCNA or CCNP preferred.
- Current PCNSE certification preferred.
- Experience with networking in cloud such as AWS and Azure
- Python scripting
- Media and entertainment experience a plus
- Project management skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.