Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 708471BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 05/12/2019
Job Summary:Overview – Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The WDI Technology Studio is looking for talented Tech Infrastructure Support Engineer to support development and maintenance of highly available and secure hybrid cloud network and storage solutions. You will work closely with a team of engineers to troubleshoot and optimize enterprise platforms for our cast members and partners worldwide. In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills, a thorough knowledge of networks, storage platforms and data center environments, as well as common enterprise solution technologies. Administration experience with a focus on security and data protection is an expected.
Additional responsibilities include technical network design, planning, and implementation of new systems, recommending the redesign and configuration of existing systems and system applications, and identifying methods, solutions, render farm management and project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
- Install, upgrade and configure blade servers, storage appliances, IPS/IDS firewall solutions, switches, routers, wireless access points and other various software
- Assisting in the design and deployment of highly available and secure networks (LAN, WAN, Firewalls, and VPN)
- Assist in maintenance of systems development life cycle for existing storage and network infrastructure
- Provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth
- Oversee operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks.
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure
- Monitor systems uptime, network performance and availability
- Monitor the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth
- Contribute to the overall operation and maintenance of multiple data centers
- Resolve escalated support issues by troubleshooting local and cloud infrastructure
- Deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Documents, monitor, report, and manage the resolution of systemic issues
- Communicate with stakeholders and end-users as needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Define improvements to network performance, segmentation, capacity, scalability and system events monitoring
- Act as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability
- Work with project teams to understand business needs
- Work with engineers to understand technical requirements
- Provide feedback and recommendations on requirements based on health check results
- Ensure processes and requirements are met such as backup and maintenance availability
- Integrate solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements
- Develop scripted solutions and automation
- Develop, maintain, recommend, documents, and support tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management
- Analyze and implement network software or hardware changes
- Analyze and resolve issues related to facilities bandwidth requirements and capacity planning
- Work with Information Security, where needed, in assessing systems
- Adhere to information security requirements, policies, and standards
- Entertainment industry related experience as a Junior Systems Engineer, Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Solid background in critical infrastructure administration and architecture design
- In-depth understanding of communication and routing protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast routing, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting preferred (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Automation experience such as Ansible, Chef, and Microsoft deployment services
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds, Nagios, Zabbix and other SNMP tools)
- Intermediate understanding of network operating systems (Arista, Cisco IOS/NXOS, Cisco firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, Brocade, SAN fabrics)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and mentoring skills
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PC’s, peripheral devices and a variety of common office equipment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of standard operating systems and office productivity software
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of network and Internet environments
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of troubleshooting tools, logic and techniques
- Understand concepts, practices and procedures within a help desk environment
- Conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Available to occasionally work flexible hours as required by assigned projects or system issues
- Available to participate in after-hours/weekend on-call rotation as needed
- 3-5 years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions
- Experience with terminal software, VDIs, virtual machines, thin clients and web clients
- Experience with Agile methodologies, KANBAN, infrastructure automation, DEVOPs on enterprise storage systems
- Experience with Amazon AWS architecture and design including VPCs, EC2, S3, EFS, Storage Gateway, Cloudfront, Route 53
- Familiarity of QoS methodologies
- Professional certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, PCNSA)
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.