Already applied?View Dashboard
OD & Learning Strategy CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 664219BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 09, 2019
Job Summary:The coordinator will primarily support 1 executive in the Learning and Organizational Development organization and will be responsible for administrative and executive support for this team and organization. Successful candidates are quick learners who possess the ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little guidance, have strong attention to detail, are flexible in modified priorities, and exercise good judgment and confidentiality/discretion, as well as the upmost professionalism. Successful candidates are also highly adaptable and strong partners with other administrative team members. Additional responsibilities include performing functions in SAP, including time entry evaluation and reporting, supply ordering, AP uploads, expense reports and other functions as needed, including some communications-related projects (e.g.: research, presentations, event logistics). Provide support for travel arrangements, facilities/maintenance requests and on-boarding, as well as project document preparation and maintenance.
- Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, screening and routing phone calls, arranging conference calls, managing calendars, processing invoices, scheduling meetings requiring significant coordination and follow up, and ensuring timely and effective communications.
- Coordinate conference calls, teleconferences and web-based meetings.
- Provide additional office support such as distributing mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents, data entry, word processing, ordering supplies, and processing purchase orders.
- Based on leader-provided drafts and direction, create presentations and assist in the preparation of reports and research materials, many of which are highly confidential and/or sensitive in nature
- On-board new employees, including physical and IT access, acquisition of appropriate equipment, providing general team and systems orientation, establishment of remote access and all other necessary functionality requirements. Oversee facility issues and work with building management as needed
- Coordinate and support the planning of moderate to complex on-site and off-site events and meetings, working with the offices of various executive levels. Assistance with various Communications projects and research
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of business travel (domestic and international), including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, remote support of executives who are out of the office and expense report processing in a timely manner.
- Minimum 2 years previous admin or intern experience
- Enthusiastic attitude, strong work ethic, demonstrated desire to want to help
- A self-starter; ability to anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
- Intuitive thinker who is not afraid to speak up or challenge the status quo, in a professional manner in order to advance the business or welfare of the team.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a MAC environment including MS Office products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel, as well as SAP
- Strong Social Media Acumen
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with a minimum of direction or follow-up
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment
- Understand the need for discretion and handling of confidential information
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to telephone etiquette skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly if necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with a minimal direction or follow-up
- Demonstrated flexibility and professionalism in an environment where change is constant
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to build working relationships, influence all levels by being knowledgeable and credible
- 4-year degree (B.A. or B.S.)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.