Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710570BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 08/10/2019
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Marketing & Sales center of excellence for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the DTOA team provides analysis across the digital modes used by Guests/customers for browsing and purchasing high-quality merchandise across our franchises, from Disney to Marvel and Pixar to Star Wars.
The Omni-Channel Analyst is a key contributor to the team that supports shopDisney.com and Disney Stores with strong analysis. This role will have the opportunity to work with large data sets and become an expert in the business. They will use analytical approaches to influence strategic decisions made by the business. He/she will partner with business leaders to support tactical and strategic initiatives, derive insights from existing data, and help to determine additional data requirements of new projects as well as evaluate new strategies and technology designed to improve the guest experience and drive business results.
In order to succeed in the role, the Omni-Channel Analyst must have a passion for diving in to data and extracting insights, preparing reporting, and making impactful recommendations to improve business results. In order to excel in the role, the Omni-Channel Analyst should increase the analytics sophistication of the team.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Digital Analytics and has no direct reports.
Responsibilities:The Omni-Channel Analyst’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with business partners to determine needs and requirements
- Identify and document data requirements to support both ongoing and ad hoc analysis
- Learn new data sets to develop an expertise in those data sets
- Link multiple data sources to perform analyses
- Partner with Information Advantage team to document and automate data processes
- QA data to ensure accuracy
- Analyze and mine data to find opportunities in time allotted
- Undertake proactive and reactive ad-hoc requests as needed
- Under oversight of more senior team members, participate in data-oriented projects
- Make business recommendations based on the data findings
- Drive more efficient and sophisticated analytical insights
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for both large and small scale distribution
- Create presentations to highlight recommendations and tell the story
- Ensure partners understand the analysis presented
- 2+ Year of analytical and data exploration experience
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, complex business environment
- Ability to deliver work on-time with a goal-oriented approach
- Proficiency in SQL, MySQL, Hive, Python, and/or R programming languages
- Team player mentality
- Act as a steward for data governance and processes
- Attentiveness to detail
- Desire to learn and grow with an organization
- Able to deal with ambiguity when needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Ability to apply statistical rigor to analyses
- Knowledge of “big data” environments and tools
- Experience with e-commerce data and analytics
- Experience with physical store data and analytics
- Experience with text mining and natural language processing
- Interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical/quantitative field
- Graduate degree in an analytical/quantitative field or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.