Operations Business Analyst – Content OpsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 749835BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 24, 2020
We’re looking for talented team players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard work and determination.
We are seeking an Operations Business Analyst, who will be part of the Disney Streaming Services Global Content Operations team in Glendale, CA, and reporting to the Director of Content Operations Strategy. You will be responsible for understanding business needs through data analytics and translating them to reporting needs, establishing KPIs and recommending workflow and systems improvements.
The ideal candidate will be curious to learn all aspects of the supply chain and become intimately familiar with the data produced out of each workstream. They will be able to measure progress through metrics and identify opportunities for improvement through the stories the data tells. They will be highly collaborative, can think out of the box, and be a self starter.
- Establish KPIs to measure efficiency across the supply chain for content delivery to Disney+; identify insights and trends, as well as, track progress over time
- Package and present data for various reporting needs to wide audiences
- Analyze resource needs for new projects against ongoing resources for current initiatives. Recommend strategy based on cost benefits.
- Varying analytical support roles for process improvement initiatives, including workflow mapping, identification of challenges, trends, and pain points, and development of user stories and system requirements documents
- Collaborate with all parts of the supply chain including the rest of Content Operations, Studio Operations, Media Delivery, Programming, Marketing and Product to understand workflows, systems and datasets
In success, you would have created a set of easy-to-understand health metrics to measure our operations pipeline including partner team dependencies. Our workflows and tools improve over time in part due to your data-driven recommendations. You become a trusted resource to connect the dots between operations, product and technology.
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in consumer tech organizations in an analyst, consultant or similar capacity
- Highly analytical, able to handle large datasets and draw out insights
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to wide audiences on metrics and reporting needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of supply chain and experience with various data and content management systems (Excel, Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, proprietary tools)
- Ability to translate operational needs to workflow and systems needs
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.