Already applied?View Dashboard
Operations CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 594531BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Sep. 13, 2018
Job Summary:Are you a detail-oriented tactician who is passionate about games with an undeniable soft spot for Marvel? Do you hope to one day find yourself in support-type role where you can hone your killer intuition? If so, this may be the perfect job for you! Marvel Games is an IP-driven licensing business with a team of best-in-class talent managing a portfolio of mobile, PC, console, and VR games that tap into a massive library of more than 8,000 Super Heroes and Super Villains and leverage the very best game companies on Earth. We are looking for a legendary Operations Coordinator to join Marvel Games!
As Operations Coordinator on the Ops team, you will work closely with our Business, Creative, and Production teams. Your primary goal is to help keep the central nervous system of Marvel Games functioning at superhuman strength and speed, supporting various protocols, systems, team needs, and organizational necessities as it continues to grow and evolve.
• Manage all internal team systems
• Draft and distribute guidance and updates pertaining to key records and systems
• Track internal IP handling
• Maintain system accounts and logs for partners and teammates
• Upkeep vital records for game production
• Maintain marketing calendar and assist with publicity air traffic control
• Track and assist in cross-line of business interactions and activations
• Track and maintain various protocols spanning production, asset approvals, marketing, synergy, and more
• Manage and track extensive partner request system
• Review and provide constructive feedback on activation proposals
• Perform market research and report findings
• Review and advise on existing workflows and operational systems
• Handle other increasingly challenging projects as appropriate
Basic Qualifications:• A brilliant tactician – You have at least three years of experience working in the trenches with creative, production, or business development teams and enjoy uncovering additional challenges to tackle.
• Detail-oriented support – Like every team’s healer, you go beyond saving the day in times of chaos and are able to anticipate and triage issues and challenges both before and as they come up.
• Fire-and-forget friendly – You’re not only a quick learner, but you insist on solo challenging yourself to better every touchpoint you encounter, all while working towards a faster, more efficient and effective work ecosystem.
• Blindside intuitive – You quickly notice internal patterns and can recognize what paths, options, and detours can materialize before they do. If we need a backup plan or work through, you’ll have something top of mind.
• Dual-Spec’d – You have the ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment, accommodate various work styles, and manage priorities and tradeoffs in a continually changing environment.
• A rallying optimist – You approach both good times and bad with a cheerful attitude and a sense of humor. You always see the light at the end of the tunnel, even after yet another raid boss wipe.
• People savvy – You understand the importance of good relationships and unique personalities, and you treat people the way you wish to be treated - within the team, the company, and all of our external partners.
• An effective communicator – You are able to communicate succinctly and professionally using all the tools of the trade: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Passionate about games – We love playing games and creating them. You do too.
Required Education2 year collegiate degree.
Preferred Education4 year collegiate degree.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.