Operations Development AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 770543BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 21, 2020
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking. You’re passionate and motivated about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through hard-work and determination.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Operations Development Team within the Global Content Operations organization. You will be responsible for performing the day to day activities as it relates to our title availability pipeline and support the team with development of interim tools, solutions and processes improvements. You will be highly detail-oriented, have a keen eye for innovation, and be consistently motivated to solve the challenges that come with launching content on a global platform. You’re curious, passionate, driven and in pursuit of operational efficiencies through technology.
- Perform the day-to-day activities related to publishing title availability to the global Disney+ platform
- Compile regular reports highlighting issues requiring attention and manage remediation
- Provide analytical, data-driven insight into the current state of our title availability pipeline and use that knowledge to recommend process and technological improvements
- Support net new requests from Disney+ Product teams and facilitate their integration into the pipeline
- Document workflows and key processes necessary to enable Disney+ operations
- 2+ years operations and/or technical solutions experience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Familiarity with XML & API’s, data modeling and databases, including SQL
- Basic data analysis and Excel proficiency
- Experience with SaaS-based project management and collaboration tools such as Smartsheets, Confluence, JIRA, Lucidchart and Airtable
- Understanding of the digital content supply chain framework, data flow, and distribution methodology (EIDR, licensing/avails, component-based delivery)
- Knowledge of MovieLabs Digital Distribution Framework, Common Metadata, Common Manifest and EMA Avails
- Understanding of video and audio formats, streaming technology
- A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.