Operations Technology ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 545553BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 06, 2018
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The Operations Technology Manager will report directly to the Technology Studio Executive and partner with the Studio Leadership Team. He/she will develop and help execute business objectives of the Technology Studio through smooth operations of the studio and strong relationship building within Disney and Imagineering. He/she will be interfacing with the WDI financial teams, HR teams, and other Studio’s operations managers including Disney Research and Imagineering Advanced Development.
- Maintain smooth operations of the Technology Studio through management of the following
- HR – including Headcount management, recruiting, and on-boarding
- Finance - Financial planning, management and structuring
- Legal & contracts
- Global & External communication – Help structure messaging and branding of the Technology Studio as a whole to the rest of the organization
- Logistics and culture – Aide in culture development and team cohesion across the Studio located in different geographies
- Provide financial guidance, planning, and execution of plans including
- Aiding in capitalization processes
- Helping prioritization efforts
- Partner and negotiate with vendors and external partners of Imagineering
- Manage complex relationships within the Walt Disney Company and Imagineering including
- WDI Finance, Parks & Resorts Finance
- Adjacent Studios: Advanced Development & Disney Research
- Other WDI Studios such as Project Management, Creative & Show, Ride, etc.
- Other Parks and Resorts divisions such as Parks & Resorts Technology and Design & Engineering Services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 5-15 years of combines experience in operations and/or business management related field
- Strong understanding of technology development and technical communication
- Experience in process development and optimization
- Ability to quickly understand complex business and organizational relationships
- Passion for technology and experience design
- Strong work ethic and curiosity
- Strong understanding of finance and financial tracking
- 2 years’ experience in management consulting
- 2 years’ experience in business management or some entrepreneurial experience
- 2 years’ of product management or technical project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.