Already applied?View Dashboard
Organizational Development ConsultantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 641478BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 25, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) seeks a Consultant, Organizational Development to join the Organizational Development Practice, which is part of the Organization and Talent Solutions (O&TS) Center of Excellence. This team is a highly visible group within Enterprise HR that plays an integral part in supporting key business initiatives across TWDC. The ideal candidate will be a key partner to HR and business leaders with a bias towards action and impact. The role is based in New York, NY or Glendale, CA and reports to the VP, Organizational Development.
- Partner closely with OD team, business leaders and HR Business Partners to assess needs, develop recommendations and deliver services to improve individual, team and organizational performance
- Develop and deliver OD expertise in a variety of projects including strategy development, organization assessment, organization design, change and culture transformation across a diverse set of businesses
- Support overall Organization and Talent Solutions goals by helping to ensure an integrated, cross functional approach when appropriate
- Effectively adapt consulting approach and style to the culture of each business unit, geography or client
- Emphasize simplicity, relevancy, pragmatism and impact in all work
- Use data, analytics and insights to enable evidence-based approach to OD and continuously assess and demonstrate impact
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to support projects from inception through completion while bringing stakeholders along
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, deliverables, and other work products to be delivered to management and senior executives
- Build trust and collaborate with teams in a global and virtual environment, and partner effectively with HR Business Partners and OD teams across the enterprise
- Support initiatives across the TWDC to pioneer and advance the Organizational Development discipline, including being an active contributor to and participant in the OD Community across the Company
- Continually invest in self-development and the evolution of the OD discipline by remaining current with new developments, technologies, industry trends and innovations
- 1-3 years of OD, Learning & Development, HRBP or Human Capital consulting (or equivalent) experience
- Ability to effectively and pragmatically apply OD approaches to meet business and stakeholder needs
- Demonstrates willingness and ability learn the business and increase OD skill set
- Intellectually curious and open to challenging status quo
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, consulting and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation development skills
- Ability to apply basic project management skills with moderate guidance and with increasing levels of autonomy over time
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence, including self-awareness, adaptability and organizational awareness
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field of Organizational Development, Organizational Behaviors, Human Resources Management, or Business-related fields
- Advanced Degree - PhD or MA/MS in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behaviors, Organizational Development/Effectiveness, or related field; MBA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.