Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Organizational Development Internship (CA), Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 698268BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 19, 2019
Organizational Development and we are responsible for working with leaders to enable and accelerate organizational change, design organizational structures that meet business needs, and assess/improve organizational effectiveness. OD is a recognized leader in providing transformational experiences for business units across the enterprise. We lead organizational change & design, strategy alignment, and organization effectiveness. We impact organizations through change leadership using Disney culture and values to build a bridge from insight to action. We help leaders enable and accelerate sustainable change that drives business growth and performance and align all organization and talent strategies toward that goal.
Make an impact by…
As an OD Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with members of the OD team to help business leaders and HR solve complex organizational challenges and implement change strategies. To accomplish this, you will collaborate with OD team members to study the business and apply the appropriate methodologies, trends, and practices to meet the client’s business needs. You will primarily assist with managing projects in the following areas:
- Change Readiness / Management: Assist with designing, planning, and implementing approaches that prepare leaders, teams, and organizations for, and support them through, transformation and cultural evolutions.
- Organizational Assessment & Design: Understanding current state in order to design organizations that align to achieve business goals.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Identifying root causes of the organization’s current level of effectiveness and recommend appropriate methods to increase overall performance through clarity of purpose and improved ways of working.
- Data Analysis & Insights: Partnering with the Enterprise People Insights team to create insights that advance the business.
- Leadership Development: Elevating the leadership capabilities needed to achieve the organization’s emerging strategy through its people.
What you bring to the role…
Candidates for this internship opportunity must possess the ability to expand thinking from being detail-oriented to big picture. Must have excellent analytical and synthesis abilities, strong organizational skills, and a high level of initiative. Must perform well both in teams and independently, and have the ability to work with, and not disclose, highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong understanding of the theories and principles used in the diagnosing and determining organizational development and leadership interventions
- Demonstrated consulting, systems-thinking, and design-thinking skills
- Strong organizational and process management skills demonstrated by an ability to manage multiple detailed projects from inception through completion in a fast-paced environment, on budget and on time, while bringing stakeholders along
- Experience with research and compiling/analyzing data into usable presentations
- Computer savvy with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and other creative presentation software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen and adapt messages
- Strong business acumen and collaborative style to build relationships and quickly gain credibility with key stakeholders across functional and organizational lines while managing priorities and competing demands
- Ability to work and manage in ambiguity - dealing with issues/areas that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Excellent interpersonal and influence skills with clients and colleagues
Preferred Qualifications:Experience in OD, HR transformation, business, and internal consulting efforts.
Preferred EducationCurrent graduate level student pursuing a degree in Business, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, Human Resources or closely related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship will be located in Glendale, CA. Participants in will be required to provide their own housing.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.