Already applied?View Dashboard
Organizational Development ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 645507BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 13, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) seeks a Manager, Organizational Development to join the Organizational Development Practice,. At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The mission of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products (DPECP) is to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime. Whether managing a theme park, building a cruise ship, producing a new toy, publishing a book, or creating an online adventure, we want to be able to give our fans and customers the best Disney experience possible. The role is based in Glendale, CA and reports to the Director, Organizational Development.
- Partner closely with business leaders and HR Business Partners to assess needs, develop recommendations; and manage projects to improve the performance of leaders, teams and organizations
- Develop and lead transformation strategies that enable DPEP priorities
- Deliver OD expertise to a variety of projects including strategy development, organization assessment, organization design, change and culture transformation across a diverse set of businesses
- Support overall Organization Development goals by ensuring an integrated, cross functional approach is considered when appropriate
- Effectively adapt consulting approach and style to the culture of each business unit, geography or client
- Emphasize simplicity, relevancy, pragmatism and impact in all work
- Use data, analytics and insights to enable evidence-based approach to OD and continuously assess and demonstrate impact
- Leverage project management and leadership skills to facilitate complex work and maintain stakeholder alignment; develop project schedules, plans and timelines
- Continually invest in self-development and the evolution of the OD discipline by remaining current with new developments, technologies, industry trends and innovations
- Lead and manage others through formal oversight, as well as the ability to influence without authority
- 5-7 years of OD or Human Capital consulting (or equivalent) experience
- Ability to effectively and pragmatically apply OD approaches to meet business and stakeholder needs
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders
- Intellectually curious and open to challenging status quo
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, consulting and problem solving skills
- High degrees of initiative and creativity
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and storytelling skills; must be capable of communicating information to varied audiences
- Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead projects from inception through completion while bringing stakeholders along
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish assignments with moderate supervision
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity
- Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence, including self-awareness, adaptability and organizational awareness
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field of Organizational Development, Organizational Behaviors, Human Resources Management, or Business-related fields
- Advanced Degree - PhD or MA/MS in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behaviors, Organizational Development/Effectiveness, or related field; MBA
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.