Paralegal - Walt Disney ImagineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 856629BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
The Walt Disney Company’s Corporate Legal Department is seeking a Paralegal to join the Walt Disney Imagineering (“WDI”) Legal Team supporting Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. WDI is the unique, creative force behind Walt Disney Parks and Resorts that dreams up, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions, cruise ships, real estate developments, and regional entertainment venues worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from the dynamic global team of creative and technical professionals building on the Disney legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment through technical innovation and creativity. The name “Imagineering” combines imagination with engineering. Building upon the legacy of Walt Disney, Imagineers bring art and science together to turn fantasy into reality and dreams into magic. The WDI Legal Department has four (4) attorneys plus administrative support.
- Provide support to WDI attorneys in all aspects of legal matters with routine to intermediate complexity in the relevant practice areas, such as design, construction, technology and entertainment
- Assist in the drafting, preparing, proofing and/or summarizing of legal documents (including nondisclosure agreements and the like) and legal correspondence
- Assist in all pre-contract matters, such as negotiation support, coordination with client subject matter experts and obtaining necessary approvals prior to contract execution
- Administer the execution and filing of likeness releases, product evaluation agreements, and other similar transactions
- Manage workflow and assist colleagues in various transactions
- Manage requests for documents from legal or stakeholders
- Update various contract templates as needed with direction from attorneys and manage web-based repositories
- Organize and manage the Department’s physical and electronic files
- Assist in the creation of presentation materials as needed
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested
- Minimum three (3) years of paralegal experience in a reputable law firm or major in-house legal department
- Strong contract drafting experience
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- High attention to detail and strong pride in work product
- Professionalism and maintenance of absolute confidentiality
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a team-based structure and consistently meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, including willingness to assist the entire WDI legal team when and as needed
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certification or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.