Performance Marketing Manager - APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 7119110720220410 Location Glendale, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Streaming is a business unit within the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment at The Walt Disney Company, which oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s international operations and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including Disney+, ESPN+, and the upcoming general entertainment international offering Star. Our core mission is to deliver the unparalleled storytelling created by our renowned content partners across The Walt Disney Company to global audiences by giving them the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Performance Marketing Manager (APAC) serves as a liaison between regional teams and the centralized global teams to co-create cohesive and profitable marketing strategies, develop processes that streamline operations and promote marketing at scale, and to continuously monitor and optimize performance to maximize subscriber growth.
The position involves a variety of tasks, including contributing to the marketing strategy and media plans, monitoring competitive trends, analyzing KPIs, and collaborating cross-functionally with all tactical and operational teams (e.g. channel teams, finance, legal, product, etc) to ensure that marketing plans and international strategic initiatives are executed effectively and consistently across the regions.
Please Note: this role supports the APAC region and the required work hours are set up to accommodate the different time zones.
- Three days a week working normal business hours
- Two days a week working from 2pm-10pm
Along with the work schedule above this role requires someone fluent in Japanese or Korean along with English as well.
- Manage the relationship with the regional marketing team and work closely on developing the marketing strategy, resolving any issues, and coordinating execution between performance marketing and awareness, earned media
- Analyze marketing and subscriber performance to uncover insights, identify new opportunities and generate innovative ideas for value creation
- Ensure optimal contribution from every team towards the region’s business objectives, and that marketing campaigns leverage best in class tactics and the full capabilities of our ad and tech stacks
- Evaluate market trends and compile detailed competitor analysis (marketing tactics, offers, positioning, pricing, etc) and creative audits (marketing campaigns, landing pages, etc) to inform strategy and testing
- Identify any inefficiencies or bottlenecks in workflows and collaborate with operating teams on further streamlining campaign development, localization and deployment
- Partner with the central and regional teams to codify, share and scale insights globally
- Coordinate regional review sessions, surveys, and cross functional updates to ensure continued distribution of information, global learnings, and regional feedback.
- Create and maintain regional presentations, GTM playbooks, and reporting & agenda for weekly updates
- Cross departmental management of GTM timelines and workstreams to ensure launch success of regions or new products.
- 4+ years of hands-on performance marketing experience in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual - Fluent in English and Japanese or Korean
- Strong understanding of the different areas of marketing (e.g. market research, digital media planning, testing, performance analysis, etc)
- International experience, preferably in subscription marketing or ecommerce
- Experience working with marketing technology, ad operations and creative teams
- Strategic mindset and proven ability to identify opportunities that drive high return
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency with data analysis tools
- Must be extremely well organized, proactive and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and manage complex projects under pressure
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Ability to accommodate APAC time zones and shift work hours twice a week 2pm-10pm
The hiring range for this position is $106,650 to $130,350 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.