PH-Assistant Production AccountantApply NowApply Later Job ID 882088BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 12, 2021
You will report to Sr Manager-Bidding Producer-Media, Production Accounting.
Under general direction of Manager:
- Process Purchase Orders and A/P payments within the stand alone accounting system and gather approvals from appropriate team members
- Prepare wire transfer payments
- Process W-9's and CA590's to set up vendors
- Ensure all necessary back up is attached for payment - working with legal to obtain executed contracts
- Process 1099 yearly for A/P vendors
- Work with Disney Financial Services to coordinate quarterly and yearly sales/use tax filing
- Process payments per contract backup
- Prepare and process all payroll start forms and time cards for 3rd party production crew - including actors and directors.
- Ensure coding to specific show and cost account - manage outside payroll service
- Ensure we comply with ACA requirements, working with EPCares and studio partners
- Process monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare Vista, Smart Accounting and SAP journals
- Monitor contract payments
- Manage digital filing of A/P & Payroll
- Work with Media Production, Digital Design, Studio Finance and Estimating
2-3 years of experience including:
- Experience with Live Action production payroll
- Exposure to working in a highly matrix structured environment
- Knowledge of EP accounting software systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.