Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Assoc R&D Imagineer, Project PlannerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658362BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 18, 2019
Job Summary:The R&D Imagineer – Technical Project Planner partners with various Walt Disney Imagineering Research and Development Studio (WDI R&D) technical program managers and project leads to deliver on the vision of next generation ideas, tools, technologies, and experiences that both inspires Imagineers to do the impossible and brings smiles to the faces of millions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts guests each year. This role combines a strong engineering and technology background with proven project scheduling abilities to productize innovation from WDI R&D.
- Develop, maintain, and publish program schedules to achieve the vision of the project lead
- Work closely with technical program managers and project teams to identify activity logic, resource loading, critical path analysis, schedule deviations, and recommended recovery measures for scopes behind schedule
- Conduct "what-if" analysis to determine the impact of various schedule/resource changes on the ability to successfully deliver individual projects
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule/milestone reports
- Drive communication plan to team members, project leads, executives, and project stake holders
- Engender internal and external relationships
- Contribute to the culture and community of the WDI R&D Studio
- Matrixed into projects assigned to support technical program managers and project leads
- High proficiency using Microsoft Project, Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Program/project scheduling experience with a proven ability to manage both large and small projects using various workflow management methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, kanban, scrum, integrated project management, etc.)
- Experience in robotics, aerospace, artificial intelligence, or embedded systems technologies industries
- Ability to translate high level scope/vision into actionable plans
- Ability to interpret executive and project lead vision to engineers and creatives
- Able to build and motivate highly effective teams
- Demonstrated experience and mastery of verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Strategic & creative thinker
- Ability to communicate clear and concise project updates to all levels within organization
- Able to manage & prioritize multiple assignments in a highly dynamic, designed chaos R&D environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on diverse teams
- Demonstrate a desire to constantly improve and expand personal skills
- Positive/optimistic attitude
- Highly dependable with strong work ethic
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience
- Experience working with early development teams and prototype products
- Experience with advanced mechatronics, computer vision, and sensor fusion
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science
- Certifications related to project scheduling
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.