Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Assoc Show ProgrammerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 424532BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 04/13/2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Show Programmers may develop character animation files for Audio Animatronic figures, program intricate controlled lighting sequences, and/or integrate show control systems with rides, animatronic figures, and other show elements such as special effects, audio/video, show lighting control, etc. These highly technical positions require strong creative intuition and the ability to collaborate closely with Creative, Engineering, Manufacturing, Media Production, and Park Maintenance.
- Works closely with other Show Programmers to operate and maintain Animation & Show Programming system’s highly specialized hardware and software tools and/or to support animated character development.
- Provides technical support to colleagues for the programming of Audio-Animatronics figures
- Assists in creating and organizing character sheets, animation data, rigs, and models.
- Partners with the show Art Director and other Show Programmers to program special effects, audio, animated props and show action equipment
- Organizes, secures, and maintains show data created by the Show Programmers
- Assists in maintaining Show Programming Tools
- Interfaces with Show Programmers to support successful integration of animation and controls
- Ability to work well on a team, understanding and integrating Creative, Production, Engineering, Project and Park Maintenance requirements
- Familiarity with maintaining and creating riggs for CG character animation
- Ability to function in a dynamic work environment, managing multiple project tasks
- Basic Knowledge of Robotic Animation
- Basic knowledge of control systems
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems
- Ability to provide some technical support for computer graphic animation applications
- Desired software knowledge/familiarity with: ( Maya, MotionBuilder, Z-Brush, Adobe, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Solid Works, Tait Navigator)
- Desired scripting knowledge with : (Python, Mel, C+, C++)
- Must be able to work without supervision but able to integrate inputs from many individuals and work as a team member.
- Must have a high tolerance for change and changing requirements.
- Able to work odd hours on job sites.
- Able to communicate (verbally and in writing) clearly and concisely keeping many individuals informed.
- Willing to travel domestically or internationally for short to moderate durations.
- Two year Electronics Degree or, BA or BFA in traditional Animation, Computer Animation or, BS in automation control systems programming, or equivalents.
- Four year, or post-graduate, degree in one of the above mentioned areas.
Additional Information:©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.