Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Associate Project Engineer (Rockwork/Structural)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 547063BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May. 17, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Responsible for the technical coordination and integration of Rockwork during the course of a specific project, land, or park including coordination of ED&E efforts with Creative, Show, Ride and construction trade partners.
- Assist Project Engineer or Design Manager in the project coordination and integration of rockwork from conceptual design through construction of themed entertainment projects. This includes:
- Assists in facilitating technical coordination of rockwork design documents, models, specs, basis of design among Environmental Design & Engineering (ED&E) design disciplines, across WDI Divisions (Show, Ride, Creative), and with Rockwork Contractor, in consideration of programmatic requirements (Operational Stakeholders)
- Coordinate with design disciplines in all divisions through frequent discussions and work sessions.
- Assist in tracking of rockwork integration schedules
- Assist with review of secondary steel layout and design
- Assists in coordinating the document release process between disciplines and document control specialist (plot coordination, repro an digital/physical distribution)
- Assist in organizing and facilitating coordination sessions, design reviews and rockwork integration meetings.
- Assist with quality assurance and control, both of design documentation as well as field construction
- Assists in directing ED&E project team members on coordination and integration activities related to the technical scope of work; this also includes any 3rd party architecture and engineering consultants.
- Assist in creating, maintaining and tracking Issues Resolution Log (IRL) or similar document, including capturing design issues, assigning responsible parties, and tracking status and commitments that result from design reviews and meetings.
- Participation in regularly scheduled project meetings with project team, consultants and contractors
- Assist in providing the project team with rockwork design and construction details and information, rockwork lessons learned and rockwork standards information to inform rockwork specifications.
- Assist in the resolution of questions arising from construction documents, field conditions and contractor requests for information
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in structural engineering
- Ability to interact and communicate with the project team, including the discipline leads or key department representatives.
- Ability to, under supervision, make decisions related to the technical coordination and integration design process.
- Solicit support from the design manager and department head as needed to resolve issues.
- Working knowledge of design programs such as SAP2000, RISA
- Working knowledge of Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, Navisworks, BIM360
- Graduate of an accredited school of engineering with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Advanced degree desired but not required
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.