PH-Graphics and Visualization Developer
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 502151BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 18/01/2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Walt Disney Imagineering Technology Studio Art & Media Pipeline team is looking for a developer to assist with programming tasks and technical responsibilities of the group. The Technology Studio is a group of technologists working within Imagineering to create and deploy software and software/hardware integration tools to help increase the capabilities of Imagineering art and design practice.
- Architect, design, and develop software products in production environment.
- Partner with senior developers and project teams to define technical requirements necessary to achieve product goals.
- Execute project goals while employing best software development practices and adhering to relevant company and industry standards.
- Work with other software developers and software project leads to provide incremental and overall updates to status and condition of software product progress.
- Balance evolving technical requirements with fixed budgets and schedules, and communicate risks and options to product and project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Engage with users, stakeholders, product managers and designers to achieve the product vision.
- Provide mentorship to more junior developers.
- Oversee architecture and code reviews.
- A passion for using graphics and visualization technology to transform business.
- 3-8 years in software development role in commercial environment.
- Expertise with C++ (or equivalent low-level language) or Python (or equivalent high-level language).
- Familiarity with game engine development in either Unreal, Unity, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with game, visual effects, or animation industry production pipelines and workflows.
- Experience working on commercial game or media project.
- Experience with Maya, Houdini, Nuke, or other third-party software tools.
- Knowledge and experience with modern software development practices, including version control, continuous development, and workflow management tools such as Jira, Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Experience as a software development lead on small project (1-3 developers).
- Experience designing and implementing software product end-to-end.
- Experience with VR/AR/xR
- Familiarity with control software or show programming
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.