PH-Mechanical EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 940740BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 06, 2022
We’re looking for professionals who are thirsty for diverse experiences, who are eager to learn and who are confident they can maintain the exacting standards for which The Walt Disney Company is known. If this sounds like you, we look forward to discussing the possibilities!
You already know what it means to be a Mechanical Engineer, but can you imagine using your skills at a place like Disney? You’d work to support all the theme parks, waterparks, golf courses, destination shopping districts, and resorts that are spread out across over 29,000 acres. This Imagineer is responsible for mechanical engineering including design, analysis, calculations, modeling and specifications for HVAC and plumbing systems; compressible fluid and cryogenic systems and central energy plants installations for the theme parks and resorts portfolio.
Responsibilities:Every day as a Mechanical Engineer is different! On any given day, you might:
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support to multiple stakeholders and partners across property as part of a larger team.
- Under senior staff supervision, design, analyze, and provide mechanical engineering calculations for a single attraction of limited complexity
- Provide construction administration support though site visits, shop drawing review, and sketch documentation under the direction senior staff supervision
- Prepare designs and analyses in support of construction contract documentation
- Ensure technical quality and conformance to department standards and procedures
- Provide technical guidance to one or more mechanical designers in the production of construction contract documents
- Provide root cause analysis with solution options, risks and recommendations to senior leadership
- Function comfortably in a matrix organization, interfacing with outside vendors, local regulatory agencies, Disney leaders, and fellow cast members
- Research and select systems/equipment that satisfies design parameters, all applicable codes and Disney standards
- Proficiency with Trace 700, eQUEST, IES-VE, or other energy modeling software
- Understanding of fundamental plumbing systems (storm, sanitary, vent, water, and gas) is desired, along with proficiency in designing and sizing the plumbing systems
- Advanced knowledge of the mechanical engineering discipline as it relates to facility design and construction, including campus piping network design, HVAC design and engineering, plumbing system sizing and design, construction methods and materials, and regulatory codes and standards.
- Proficiency in current technology (Revit, Dynamo, Navisworks, AutoCAD) for the preparation and use of contract documents in all phases of design and construction administration
- Familiarity with industrial design, including water treatment and process piping
- Familiarity with industry HVAC and plumbing sustainability practices to reduce carbon footprint and improve facility efficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with developing BMS (Building Management System) control diagrams and sequence of operations is preferred
- Experience performing life cycle analysis of various HVAC systems on the basis of energy use, first cost and life expectancy
- Active membership in ASHRAE
- Graduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Engineer-In-Training certification, if not already licensed as a professional engineer
- An advanced degree in the Mechanical Engineering field is desirable
- We greatly value service in any of the US Armed Forces.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.