PH-Media & Art Developer (Shotgun Engineer)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 502152BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 13, 2018
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The WDI Technology Studio is looking for talented software developers to create and deploy the next generation of show technologies that will drive our guest experiences in upcoming attractions and venues.
The Walt Disney Imagineering Technology Studio Art & Media Pipeline team is looking for an experienced Engineer to help support our use of Shotgun. The Technology Studio is a group of technologists working within Imagineering to create and deploy software and software/hardware integration tools to help increase the capabilities of Imagineering art and design practice.
- Reporting to Media Pipeline Manager.
- Active team member supporting teams across WDI studio projects.
- Logging reports regarding product problems.
- Researching, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions for technical issues.
- Walking users through solutions.
- Reviewing product change requests.
- Learning about product updates and new technologies.
- Report defects or offer suggestions for product improvement.
- Understanding of digital art pipeline for VFX and/or video games.
- Ability to document decisions and requests, and ensure items are tracked and managed appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and juggle multiple projects.
- Strong communicator (written and spoken).
- Ability to interact well with a variety of personality types.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience using Shotgun
- Exposure to software used for production tracking and asset management (Shotgun, FTrack, Filemaker)
- Exposure to various workflows (VFX, Animation, Episodic, Commercial, Games )
- Experience with content creation toolsets (Katana, Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Sketchup, Modo, Unity) Exposure to Agile Software development environment with Jira
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino)
- Some understanding of theme park workflows
Required EducationMust possess bachelor degree preferably in some computer graphics or engineering related field or equivalent.
Preferred EducationPost graduate degree or experience in video game, vr, or visual effects industry desirable
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.