PH-Media and Art Pipeline DeveloperApply Now Apply Later Job ID 502151BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 04, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Walt Disney Imagineering Technology Studio Art & Media Pipeline team is looking for a developer to assist with programming tasks and technical responsibilities of the group. The Technology Studio is a group of technologists working within Imagineering to create and deploy software and software/hardware integration tools to help increase the capabilities of Imagineering art and design practice.
- Digital pipeline tools development for 3D content creation including theme-park visualizations, animated animatronic animations, ride vehicles, simulated projectors, and other dynamic show elements
- Troubleshooting and supporting previously built software products and/or proof-of-concepts
- Engaging designers and artists to better support them and gather new requirements
- Candidate should be a proficient programmer in both higher-level scripting languages such as Python and lower-level compiled languages such as C/C++
- Be a strong communicator (written and spoken)
- Ability to learn new APIs and SDKs quickly
- Autodesk Maya and/or MotionBuilder scripting and API (C++/Python/MEL) development experience
- Strong 3D math skills and computer graphics programming experience (OpenGL/DirectX)
- Game engine development (game logic, plugin, core engine) experience
- Understanding of digital art pipeline for VFX and/or video games
- Knowledge of commercial software applications including:
- Game engines (Unreal, Unity, Panda3D, etc.)
- 3D content creation software (Autodesk Maya, MotionBuilder, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Experience working with computer hardware and input devices
- Virtual Reality experience in both content development and/or systems development
- UI/UX prototyping or programming experience and/or tools (PyQt, Qt, Wx, CSS)
- Knowledge of 2D content creation software (Adobe Creative Suite, Nuke, etc.)
- Shader programming experience (GLSL/HLSL/Cg)
- 3D Animation rigging experience
- Computer Vision experience
- Robotics programming experience
Required EducationMust possess bachelor degree preferably in some computer graphics or engineering related field or equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.