PH - Pipeline and Workflows Developer
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 703637BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 16/12/2019
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s Parks, Experiences, and Products business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney theme parks and attractions; resorts, hotels, and cruise ships; and a variety of traditional and new media projects throughout Disney’s experiential entertainment locations.
Imagineering’s Technology Studio is seeking an Associate Software Developer to contribute to the design, development, and operations of software and related technologies. The mission of the Technology Studio is to utilize modern technologies and processes to manage complexity, empower creative workflows, and increase efficiency in a rapidly growing and global organization, all while improving the overall experience for all Imagineers.
The role will be contributing directly to the creation of digital pipelines and workflows which will transform the way Imagineering creates, manages, and processes data. This data is the design data that is the basis for the real-world parks, attractions, and other projects.
- Architect, design, and develop software products in production environment.
- Partner with senior developers and project teams to define technical requirements necessary to achieve product goals.
- Execute project goals while employing best software development practices and adhering to relevant company and industry standards.
- Work with other software developers and software project leads to provide incremental and overall updates to status and condition of software product progress.
- Balance evolving technical requirements with fixed budgets and schedules, and communicate risks and options to product and project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Engage with users, stakeholders, product managers and designers to achieve the product vision.
- Provide mentorship to more junior developers.
- Oversee architecture and code reviews.
- A passion for pipelines and data-based workflows.
- 3-8 years in software development role in commercial environment.
- Expertise with C++ (or equivalent low-level language) or Python (or equivalent high-level language).
- Familiarity with animation, visual effects, or game industry asset pipelines and workflows.
- Experience with utilizing modern computing approach to solving complex problems, including use of databases, distributed computing, containers, and cloud-based approaches.
- Knowledge and experience with modern software development practices, including version control, continuous development, and workflow management tools such as Jira, Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Direct Experience working on asset pipelines and workflows for commercial entertainment production facility.
- Experience writing scripts and building plug-ins for Maya, Houdini, Nuke, or other third-party software tools.
Additional Information:Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.