PH-Project Controls Estimator PrincApply NowApply Later Job ID 940759BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 01, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Directs staff of Senior Project Estimators, Project Estimators, and Show/Ride Estimators in providing and/or coordinating full estimating services on a portfolio of large, complex facility/show/ride projects throughout the project life cycle, conceptual through turnkey
- Develops, reviews and approves complete conceptual through bid work, and provides final estimating input on complex projects as prepared by assigned staff
- Provides technical support to personnel preparing project capital requests
- Provides and/or coordinates full estimating services on a portfolio of large, complex facility/show/ride projects throughout the project life cycle, conceptual through turnkey
- Interacts with Design, Engineering, Project Management, Construction, Manufacturing and Operations personnel (core project team) in development of estimates
- Provides complete conceptual through bid estimates and includes final input on complex projects
- Reviews, approves, and provides technical support to personnel and outside estimating organizations preparing discipline estimates for assigned project work
- Responsible for estimating on all assigned projects including new Theme Parks. These complex projects involve all aspects of work including sitework, shows and rides, interior finishes, design, engineering, etc
- Participates in estimating, negotiating and settling all change orders during the implementation;
- Provides complete conceptual through bid estimates and includes final input on complex project
- Interfaces with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility
- Tracks awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring materials, etc
- Tests estimates for reasonableness based upon comparable/equivalent historical experience
- Develops total project Estimated Final Cost (EFC) with project team and divisions; reviews with Project Division and Senior Management for concurrence
- Oversees development of total project EFC estimate for capital authorization. Coordinates discrete estimates/bids based on the scope/design documentation and implementation plan from Divisions, Construction Manager, outside vendors;
- Participates in estimating, negotiating and settling all change orders during the implementation
- Minimum 8 Years estimating, cost control, and/or engineering experience (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar facility or ride construction strongly desired
- Minimum 3 Years supervisory experience required
- Four year degree in Construction Management/Engineering, Architecture or Engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.