Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Show Electronic Engineer - RoboticsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 502011BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 10, 2018
Job Summary:“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering has a long history of bringing characters to life in the form of Audio-Animatronics. At Walt Disney Imagineering, we are continuing to advance the state-of-the-art in advanced, lifelike robotics. As a part of this team, you will help develop the future of our robotics systems and will help us achieve our vision to bring characters to life in unparalleled ways in our parks.
- Perform full spectrum of electronic and electrical project activities for robotics, including low level and system level design and testing of systems with power, communications, and motor control
- Deepen your knowledge of complex integrated robotic systems and their components
- Work independently and in highly diverse and multidisciplinary project teams, and with external partners
- Develop, test, verify, debug, and refine compact electrical systems via rapid experimental iterations
- Experience with leadership and the ability to drive progress and decision-making with team members.
- Good analog, power, and digital circuit design and analysis fundamentals
- Experience independently designing, specifying, integrating, and testing electronics that interfaces with electro-mechanical hardware
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging hardware, working with test equipment, soldering, etc.
- Familiarity with grounding, shielding and noise management in distributed systems
- Experience using, specifying and designing with brushless motor drives
- Experience with Python or MATLAB
- Ability to write, debug and/or review C and C++ software/firmware
- Experience with communication busses, their protocols, and interface hardware/software/firmware
- Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout software
- Design with sensors, encoders, as well as SPI, I2C, CAN and EtherCAT devices
- Electronic system architecture development and implementation
- BS in Electrical Engineering or an engineering discipline
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.