Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Show Mechanical Engineer SrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 502049BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 04/09/2018
Job Summary:“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Mechanical Engineer eager to design and work with teams to deliver the creative vision within our theme parks. From large lifts to falling walls, to things that open and close. Creating content that interacts with our guests to tell the story. You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing innovative ways of solving engineering challenges. From propulsion systems to sizing components for a specific motion profile, to testing and proving out a design with mock ups, and all the way through validation and installation. With Safety and reliability at the forefront of what we produce.
- Able to communicate and interact within a team and a creative project environment
- Design related to: stress, load conditions, acceleration and velocity, duty cycle, torque and basic engineering related calculations
- Responsible for the complete design life cycle of a component from mock up through design and production
- Provide installation support in the field, travel may be required
- Work with our park partners for maintainability and ease of component service or replacement.
- Perform test plans: Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test.
- Work with other disciplines to provide inputs such as: power requirements, facility interface, interconnect, sensors, connectors etc.
- Ability to create designs for manufacturing and work with vendors when specifying components.
- At least 7 years of direct experience.
- Proficiency in Solidworks 2015 or newer
- Advanced Drafting Skills
- Advanced Knowledge about mechanical components
- Advanced Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to do tolerance stack up, check for interference, press and fits
- Understanding of electric servo motors and basic sizing
- Works Well with Others
- Fundamental knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Microsoft -Excel, Word, Powerpoint, office
- Understanding of simulation based software (SolidWorks, ANSYS, SimScape)
- Understanding of Metric and Standard hardware
- BS Mechanical Engineering
Additional Information:©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.