Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 658318BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 20/05/2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Walt Disney Imagineering Technology Studio is looking for a Software Developer to design and develop software used throughout Imagineering to create the next generation of location-based entertainment. The Technology Studio works within Imagineering to create and deploy software, processes, and infrastructure to increase the capabilities and efficiency of designing and implementing theme parks, resorts, cruise ships, and other attractions.
- Develop and/or maintain significant feature sets or full software applications, including architecture, design, and implementation.
- Work with software project and/or attraction leaders and/or project managers to develop estimates, project plans, and budgets.
- Work with other software developers and software project leads to provide incremental and overall updates to status and condition of software work product progress
- Participate in modern software development practices such as agile, code review, automated testing, documentation, and software build pipelines
- At least 5 years development experience including higher-level scripting languages such as Python and lower-level compiled languages such as C/C++
- Strong communication
- Ability to learn new APIs and SDKs quickly
- Autodesk Maya and/or MotionBuilder scripting and API (C++/Python/OpenMaya API) development experience
- UI/UX prototyping or programming experience and/or tools (PyQt, Qt, Wx, CSS)
- Strong 3D math skills and computer graphics programming experience (OpenGL/DirectX)
- Understanding of digital art pipeline for VFX and/or video games
- 3D Animation rigging experience
- Robotics programming experience
- Experience with CAD software (SolidWorks or equivalent)
- Experience in physics-based simulation (Simulink, ANSYS)
- Experience developing cross-platform software (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)
- Experience working with computer hardware and input devices
- Game engine development (game logic, plugin, core engine) experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a computer science related field required.
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.