PH-Software Product Mgr SrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658353BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jan. 06, 2020
We are seeking a Project Hire – Software Product Manager, Senior, to lead the product management of a new ecosystem of technology tools that will facilitate the business development process of portfolios of theme park projects.
This position is located in Glendale, CA.
- Oversee product strategy for tools that support the early phases of project development. Define and communicate the overall product roadmap to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Analyze and map complex business processes, working with business stakeholders to prioritize and define new workflows around software that we will buy, integrate, or build
- Own the product decisions for applications that are critical for the organization. Lead prioritization, planning, and management efforts
- Develop metrics and analytics to evaluate success of applications. Use measurements to inform product direction
- Manage the product-side of purchasing, customizations, and integrations on top of third-party solutions and with existing applications internally
- Lead vendors and consultants in development engagements
- Oversee a user experience that minimizes friction and delights Imagineers. Source and direct designers when necessary
- Design training and onboarding experience for the products. Manage communication of product developments
- 4-years of product management experience, including enterprise-scale deployments and infrastructure
- 2-years of web development experience using a modern web framework (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Django, Spring, Node.js)
- Basic web frontend knowledge (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Bachelors or equivalent
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master of Business Administration or equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.