PH-Software Product Mgr
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710494BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 06/12/2019
Job Summary:Overview – Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The WDI Technology Studio is looking for a Software Product Designer to design interface and interaction solutions for the next generation of internal technologies that will create and drive our guest experiences in upcoming attractions and venues.
- Partner with project teams to define design and interaction requirements necessary to achieve project goals and inform Studio best practices.
- Work across departments to gather and analyze user research and testing data.
- Create low-fidelity to high-fidelity prototypes for turnover to development teams.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure designs are properly implemented.
- Estimation, scheduling, planning, design, implementation, and closeout activities for assigned project scope. Must work closely with creative and technical divisions of work to ensure designs will meet user and guest requirements over the expected usable life of the project.
- Must balance evolving creative and technical requirements with fixed budgets and schedules, and communicate risks and options to both Studio and Project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Partner with both Studio and Project leadership to execute project goals while employing best UI/UX design practices and adhering to relevant company and industry standards.
- Design and/or maintain whole feature sets or entire UI platforms both guest facing, cast facing, and internal WDI facing.
- Work with other software developers and software project leads to provide incremental and overall updates to status and condition of software product progress.
- 3 or more years of experience in User Experience, Interaction or Product Design
- Knowledge of and experience with modern UX practices, including user research methods, usability testing, and industry standard tools such as Sketch and Invision.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Willing to travel on behalf of company to project destinations for the purposes of business trips and installs (between overnight and 3 months stay).
- Expertise in Sketch, Invision, or other prototyping tools.
- Experience defining design languages and modular, component-based style guides.
- Experience working with JIRA, agile/scrum.
- Exposure to designing for game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- Exposure to designing for industrial HMIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, User Interface Design, Human Factors, Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degrees preferred.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.