PH-Software Project ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 547102BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May. 14, 2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
- Manage the development of software including building schedules and budgets, managing stakeholder updates, monitoring/identifying milestones, and release schedules
- Work with product owners to develop budgets and schedules
- Reconcile budgets to actuals on a bi-weekly basis
- Monitor and report progress of schedule and budget at the initiative, release, and sprint level to business and technology leadership
- Recommend software development process improvements
- Schedule and help with facilitating meetings with leadership and stakeholders
- Measure and forecast development team capacity and velocity
- Manage development dependencies with other teams
- Identify team action items and lead them through to completion
- Remove development team blockers
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- 5+ years experience in software project management
- Previous experience in software implementation and development
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, PowerPoint, and MS Project (or similar)
- College degree in Computer Science or similar
- This position is on-site at our Glendale campus
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.