PH-Software Project Mgr
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 572596BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 28/05/2019
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
- Create project roadmaps, scopes of work, technical design documents, milestone schedules, bid documents, budgets and staffing plans with the input of various stakeholders.
- Early concept development of technical solutions for creative content. Including high level hardware and system architecture, which provides a holistic view of the entire system.
- Oversee and assist in collaboration between diverse technical teams including teams responsible for creative ideation and mechanical design.
- Help source, evaluate, and contract external vendors; manage vendor relationships, project quality, and delivery.
- Thoroughly document and report project progress.
- Raise risks and challenges, with mitigation plans to the studio management.
- Understand and champion the overall project goals.
- Gather requirements from multiple stakeholders and efficiently handle competing priorities.
- Manage the software development and technical integration of the project. Including overseeing on-site installation and handover (Travel maybe required).
- Conduct continuous playtesting and software testing and validation.
- 5+ years’ experience in software project management/development
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, PowerPoint, and MS Project (or similar)
- College degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Previous experience developing attractions, a plus
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.