PH-Software Project Mgr
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 572603BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 14/11/2019
Job Summary:The Technical Project Manager (TPM) will manages software projects within the WDI Technology Studio. Technology Studio TPMs deliver high-complexity/high-performance software that powers experiences across Disney and especially at Disney Parks. We help create magical experiences that our Guests will be wowed by. Are you ready for that?
Responsibilities:Project Management Responsibilities:
- Create and manage software development schedules and staffing plans with stakeholder input.
- Manage and serve as Scrum Master on multiple software development teams.
- Manage budgets and deliver regular project updates.
- Interact with key Business Stakeholders, Engineering/Product Leaders, and Executive Sponsors.
- Provide project updates using transparent metrics/KPIs, outline risks analysis and mitigation plans
- Manage development dependencies among the managed teams and with external teams.
- Lead the selection, evaluation, and contracting of external vendors; manage vendor relationships, project quality, and delivery.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Understand and champion the overall project goals.
- Coach software development teams in agile methodology and practices.
- Drive early concept development of technical solutions for creative content including high level hardware/system architecture for a holistic view of the entire system.
- Create and manage product/project roadmaps, scopes of work, technical design documents.
- Gather requirements from multiple stakeholders and efficiently handle competing priorities.
- Oversee and assist in integration between diverse internal/external technical teams.
- Lead and participate in continuous playtesting and software testing/validation.
- 3+ years of experience in software project management/development.
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile software development environment.
- Demonstrated experience using office/PM tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Project, Confluence, JIRA, Google Docs, Smartsheets, etc.)
- Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of Agile and Waterfall methodologies – able to apply them where best suited.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Management or another related field.
- A structured, disciplined, highly-accountable and comprehensive approach to work.
- Growth-oriented with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and trends.
- A passion for technology and the WDI organization.
- Previous experience developing interactive experiences for an audience or attractions.
- Certification in Agile Methodologies (e.g., Certified Scrum Master) or PMP.
- Previous experience in modular software design and delivery
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry.
- Innate ability to build relationships and foster effective collaboration.
- Demonstratable negotiation skills in project/product/program management situations (e.g., prioritization, trade-offs, scope creep, etc.).
- College degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Previous experience developing attractions, a plus
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.