PH-Sr Business Resilience RepresentativeApply NowApply Later Job ID 837066BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 27, 2021
- Support the refresh and annual updates of all CPGP Business Continuity Programs.
- Conduct Business Impact Analysis assessments and stakeholder updates related to new plan development and key business update requirements.
- Support and facilitate annual/biennial drills, tabletop exercises, etc. of BC Program.
- Perform Administrative functions and updates of relevant systems, key communication platforms, and contact lists.
- Support the development, regular review and update of a Global CPGP Business Continuity Planning Policy.
- Work with Global CPGP Business Continuity Champions to assess and maintain compliance with Enterprise Business Continuity Standards & Controls.
- Collaborate with DPEP Business Continuity Champions to identify best practices and align across segments where able.
- Support business resumption initiatives related to COVID-19 protocols, including local jurisdiction trajectory monitoring, review and implementation of regulatory updates, review of business initiatives to incorporate infectious disease prevention protocols, positive case notification and response pursuant to government guidelines, and data analysis to make business recommendations in response to elevated trends.
- Coordinate response efforts with business partners in relation to COVID-19 positive case escalations including employee notifications, health department, landlord and 3rd party vendor notification (as required), and employee testing protocols if necessary.
- Act as business unit liaison to provide safety related guidance for CPGP business critical building access, including coordination with other Global Security and Enterprise, DPEP and Studio Safety Departments to support program alignment and awareness.
- Support CPGP Business Operations Subcommittee review intake and analysis processes.
- Execute special projects, as directed, in a highly efficient manner with supporting results.
- Maintain exceptional Guest Service both internally and externally
- 5+ years of investigations and business continuity or related experience required
- Demonstrated attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong project management skill set and flexibility to adapt to a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- CSP, ASP, or ARM certifications
- Demonstrated ability to be a Team Leader
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.