Already applied?View Dashboard
PH/TA(B)-Sr Manager-Menu Planning & DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 622263BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Mar. 12, 2019
Job Summary:WDI Menu Planning drives the collaborative development, approval and communication of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts global experience menu plan. This plan defines the range development supporting the long-term growth objectives of each Site and the overall Segment. The scope of work includes all existing WDP&R sites and lines of business as well as new business opportunities (new geographies and new products).
- Proactively identifies opportunities and creates strategies for improving the planning and development process within WDI and with segment partners
- Ensures strategies for improving planning and development efficiency are current and aligned with senior leadership direction
- Represents WDI efficiency strategy perspectives on behalf of WDI with WDP&R level partners
- Oversees the production and synthesis of presentations and analytical tools which refine and communicate planning strategy for WDI & WDP&R leadership
- Integrates and leads process with core WDP&R multi-disciplinary team on strategic topics
- Partners with WDI Project Management, Finance, and other WDI senior studio leaders to develop perspective on an optimized WDPR Menu plan from the WDI perspective
- Serves as a trusted resource within WDI for planning strategy
- Partners on a regular basis with Portfolio and Entertainment Producers and senior WDI leadership for each WDI Portfolio to ensure alignment on planning process
- Directly develops new processes, graphics and analysis to inform planning strategy
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a strategy-based role with interactions at the senior executive level
- Working experience with TWDC and WDI is strongly preferred. Experience working with executives is critical. Some degree of experience with a relative creative field is also strongly preferred
- Position could require international and domestic travel up to 20% of the calendar
- Ability to functionally lead a team and successfully manage personnel providing leadership, mentoring, coaching and guidance
- Ability to be a strategic visionary with the ability to strike the right balance between creative and business intent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at the senior executive level
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the 5 and 10 year capital planning process, menu planning, resource and staffing strategies
- Ability to measure, characterize and recommend the potential impact and business performance of new development
- Strong leadership capabilities in management and development of people
- Very knowledgeable of WDP&R development history and able to train and communicate to broad audiences
- Strong delegation and negotiation skills and abilities
- Ability to manage diverse talent and recognize individuality
- Comfortable working within a creative environment
- Ability to drive consensus and build support for strategic decisions
- An exceptional sense of guest experience development, and how planning strategies tie directly to WDP&R business objectives
- Strong relationship skills due to the need to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external partners
- Ability to organize and prioritize key work streams and required decisions and frame up for executive input
- Ability to synthesize multiple complex inputs into clear strategies and clear paths for decisions
- Ability to effectively manage time with multiple deadlines and priorities and delegate tasks to members of team
- 4-year college degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Urban/Master Planning, Architecture or a related strategy-based discipline required
- An advanced degree desired
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.