Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager-Menu Planning & DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 622263BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May. 22, 2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Proactively support the Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) Operations Planning Studio by developing tools and strategies to ensure the long-term development plan (Menu Plan) efficiently aligns with the economic, strategic, and Guest experiences needs of the site and overall segment.
The Operations Planning Studio interfaces directly with the creative development and project management teams on all design work—from initial ideation to capital approval—helping guide the focus of resources to create new and enhanced Guest experiences and leverage Disney strategic intellectual property to drive long-term value for the company. The teams work closely with key counterparts in Operations, Finance, Marketing, & Global Business Development to manage and evolve master plans for all global locations.
- Proactively identify opportunities and strategies to improve the planning and development process both internally within WDI and in partnership across the segment
- Ensure development strategies are aligned with senior leadership direction
- Represent WDI development strategy perspectives on behalf of WDI with senior leadership across the segment
- Develop presentations and analytical tools which refine and communicate planning strategy for WDI & DPEP leadership
- Integrate and lead projects with core DPEP multi-disciplinary teams on strategic topics
- Partner with WDI Project Management, Finance, and other WDI senior studio leaders to develop a perspective on an optimized DPEP Menu Plan from the WDI perspective
- Partner on a regular basis with WDI Portfolio and Project leadership to ensure alignment on planning process, identifying and communicating best practices across portfolios
- Develop new analysis, processes, and visuals to efficiently inform planning strategy
- Identify key trends and insights from current and past development to track key learnings, future efficiency opportunities, and new development strategies
- Serve as a trusted resource within WDI for planning strategy and analytical support
- Minimum 7-years’ experience in a strategy-based or analytics role
- Working experience with TWDC and WDI is strongly preferred with knowledge of global development history
- Experience working and collaborating with partners across the organization at the executive level including communication and presentation of complex topics, key insights, and recommendations
- Ability to functionally lead a team and successfully manage personnel
- Ability to delegate and manage tasks across the team, recognizing the strengths and development opportunities of the team
- Ability to manage, coach, and mentor diverse talent, while recognizing individuality
- Ability to organize and prioritize key work streams, focusing on key insights and actionable recommendations
- Strategic vision with the ability to strike the right balance between creative intent and the economic and Guest experience needs of our site partners
- Ability to measure, characterize and recommend the potential impact and business performance of new development
- Ability to drive consensus and build support for strategic decisions
- Ability to synthesize multiple complex inputs into clear strategies and clear paths for decisions
- Experience with the 5- and 10-year capital planning process, long-term planning, resource and staffing strategies
- An exceptional sense of Guest experience development, and how planning strategies tie directly to WDP&R business objectives
- 4-year college degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Urban/Master Planning, Architecture or a related strategy-based discipline required
- An advanced degree desired
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.