Pipeline Technical Director IApply NowApply Later Job ID 972728BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted May 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Design and code features, automation and functionality for the existing Shotgrid and Shotgrid Desktop systems based on input from Production.
- Regularly solicit input from system stakeholders and users.
- Coordinate the software, hardware, and licensing needs of the system with the Technology Department.
- Create or recommend tools or pipelines to increase efficiency.
- Monitor the automated data ingest of incoming shot data for editorial.
- Provide occasional technical support for shot and asset data for subcontractors and other groups in the Walt Disney Company specific to the pipeline.
- Promote a positive, productive, and highly collaborative work environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in animation or VFX production.
- Expert Shotgrid (formerly Shotgun) experience.
- Expert Python and MEL knowledge including working with complex object oriented systems.
- General familiarity with all stages of CG production including modeling, surfacing, rigging, lighting, rendering, fx, and compositing preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Nuke APIs preferred. Familiarity with other CG technologies such as Houdini, BiFrost, Arnold, Blender, After Effects, Redshift, vRay and Ornatrix a plus.
- Unix shell scripting experience a big plus.
- Experience with other production tracking systems, such as FTrack, a plus.
- Solution-oriented outlook and a proactive personality.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with subcontractor animation studios a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Graphics, or Bachelor of Arts in Film and Animation Production, or equivalent industry experience required.
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.