Already applied?View Dashboard
PlannerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 562612BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Jun. 04, 2018
Job Summary:Inspire memories that last a lifetime…. That’s what we do at Disney Consumer Products & Interactive. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages….
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company's stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. The DCPI segment is home to world class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
As the Planner Merchandising, you will be a key player in the operations of the Disney store business. You will partner with planning leadership to create and drive a planning strategy for assigned department(s) within Disney’s vertically developed merchandise.
Responsibilities:· Partner with Global Product Development team to strategize and collaborate quarterly assortments, style counts and exit strategies.
· Present financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings
· Develop pre-season quarterly financial plans for multi-channel business at the department level including sales, margin and inventory at the category, franchise, style and size level.
· Review sales, margin, and inventory levels on a weekly basis in order to react to trends.
· Forecast sales, margin and inventory levels on promotional categories to maximize profitability and ensure appropriate store stock levels.
· Utilize in-season planning tools to accurately forecast current sales trends and adjust as needed to achieve annual target turn goals.
· Analyze quarterly performance at department and category level incorporating learnings into future buy periods.
· Track and manage on-order in partnership with Production and Sourcing.
· Oversee the Merchandise coordinator role to support the purchasing process of Disney Stores vertically developed merchandise
· Support the allocator to ensure appropriate inventory levels in all channels to achieve sales and margin targets.
Basic Qualifications:· One to three years of retail planning experience, inventory management, financial planning or financial analysis experience
· Specialty Retail and/or Internet planning experience a plus
· Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
· Ability to work within a cross-functional team
· Creative problem-solving skills and excellent analytical skills
· Abilty to interpret current business results, identify learning's and develop strategies
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· High level of computer literacy; with a focus on Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Oracle planning systems (or their equivalent)
· Exposure to relevant analytical and data management systems and reporting types
· Merchandising experience a plus
Preferred EducationBachelor’s Degree in Finance, Operations, or other quantitative discipline
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.